snapshots and observations

Tuesday 23 August 2011

the gambler








if i'm going to spend all season watching arsenal, i might as well make it interesting.

so... here on my blog is your chance to follow my wagers on the correct scores
( or in my case the incorrect scores ) of all arsenal games.

first up, my debut at the emirates... arsenal at home to liverpool.

here's my betting slip
a brave move from me. not only predicting a big score, but betting against arsenal
at a betting shop in n7.

the conversation between me and the girl working at ladbrokes went something like this:

ladbrokes girl: 4-0 to liverpool ? are you sure ?

me: yes, i dreamt last night that liverpool would win 4-0

her: oh... i'll have to look up a price for you ( pause while she tapped away at her computer )
      ... er... 100 / 1

me: great. if i dreamt it, it will come true... then again in my dream last night i
       was married to beyonce.

her: oh really ?

me: yes... do you want to look up a price on your computer for me marrying beyonce ?

her: yeah... why not ?

me: why don't you just phone up jay-z instead and ask him what the odds are ?

her: i don't think you've got much chance

me: with the footy score or with beyonce ?


sensing i should quit while i was ahead, i bid a fond farewell to ladbrokes
girl, leaving her with the promise that i'd be back later to collect my winnings.


final scores: arsenal 0 liverpool 2
ladbrokes 1 me 0
jay-z 1 beyonce 1


and there you have it... after one week, i'm £5 down.

next game for arsenal is manchester united away.




No comments:

Post a Comment