snapshots and observations

Friday 27 May 2011

on my coffee table this week









oh come on... didn't anybody miss this feature ?

magnus... surely you missed seeing your coffee table at least ?



ok... well here's my vital selection this week...









first up it's my dvd choice. let's get lost
bruce weber's documentary about the last year in the life of chet baker.
it has some amazing old footage of chet in his younger days mixed in.
if you don't fear jazz, i'd recommend this film.








cd: rome
danger mouse and daniele luppi's homage to ennio morricone and his
spaghetti western soundtracks. it features jack white on a couple of tunes
but i must say, my favourite track so far is 'black' which features vocals by
norah jones. it stays with you in a haunting kind of way.

i'm a big fan of album covers and design so it's good to report that this is a
well packaged album. the melting heart would make a nice tattoo don't you think ?
also it comes with a double sided poster and a well designed sleeve.








finally book: photographer, and other stories.
a book i found last week that my daughter made when she was at nursery school.
my favourite story is billy and mark. i will print the full story below...

billy bit my finger.
the end.

a future literary classic perhaps ?
it has killer illustrations too and it's a limited edition 1 of 1.


until next time... it's goodbye from me and my coffee table.




No comments:

Post a Comment