snapshots and observations

Friday 5 November 2010

on my coffee table this week








back by popular demand...


here's the best coffee table in london.
oooh... nicely arranged, if i say so myself.







dvd: rudo & cursi
it stars the two male leads from 'y tu mama tambien'
it's about footy and features a great version of cheap trick's
'i want you to want me' sung in spanish.
what's not to like ?







book: the snatching of bookie bob by damon runyon
it's an old penguin 60 from maybe 10 years ago.
it has a few of damon runyon's new york short stories in it.
if you're not familiar with his stories, trust me on this one... give them a try.
his characters are fantastic. you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll thank me.







cd: on the shore by s.j. nakahara
this is a mini album by a friend of mine. a girl i first photographed maybe 4 years ago
when she was starring in a music video shoot in southampton. i then bumped into her in a coffee shop in islington last year. 
we got chatting, she told me she played piano and she gave me her cd.

it's 6 tracks. all piano instrumentals.
i think i've discovered something good here. it reminds me of yann tiersen slightly
but she has her own style. you can hear some of her songs here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment