snapshots and observations

Monday 11 October 2010

details







n7 is blessed with a number of fine cafes.
i usually stick with one, then when they do something that annoys me i boycott it 
and another cafe becomes my regular place.

my dispute with the waterfall cafe was legendary. it was funny as i then took my business to the cafe next door... the amazon cafe. so every day the waitress of the waterfall would see me going in and out of the amazon... golden times !

the amazon is probably the best place for food, but for almost a year now
i've been giving my business to the millennium cafe which is about 5 shops along the road.

it's pretty hard to fault the millennium. the owners are friendly, the waitresses
bring my coffee over without me having to ask, there's always a free table...
yes, the millennium is the place for me.

i like the style of the millennium, dark wooden tables and chairs.
check out the cutlery too...
these are like the ones the queen uses 'for best'
really heavy and ornate, perfect for tucking into poached eggs on brown toast.






the teaspoon too is in the same style
why is it called a teaspoon by the way ?
why not call it a coffeespoon ?

hmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment