snapshots and observations

Wednesday 12 January 2011

on my coffee table this ( birthday ) week








a welcome return to everybody's favourite feature
( are you sure about that ? - ed )


on my coffee table this week... this birthday week...
interesting...







dvd: it happened one night
an absolute classic. starring clark gable and claudette colbert. directed by frank capra.
like my jokes about the boat race, this film gets an annual outing.
unlike my boat race 'jokes' it gets better every year.








cd: dark night of the soul by danger mouse, sparklehorse and david lynch
best if i don't attempt to describe it.
just imagine it... dangermouse, sparklehorse and david lynch with guest vocalists
including julian casablancas, suzanne vega, frank black, iggy pop, the flaming lips
and david lynch himself.







book: hammer and tickle by ben lewis
it's exactly what it says on the cover.
a history of communism told through communist jokes.
it's an interesting and amusing read.

( ben lewis is my next door neighbour by the way )

( tomorrow is my birthday by the way )


No comments:

Post a Comment